Product Development & Approach
Almas PDC Drill Bits is a registered Trademark of Oman Drilling Systems llc. First Almas PDC Drill Bit was prototyped in 2015 and thereafter, the product range has been extensively diversified with numerous designs and technological adaptations.
All bits are developed after numerous field trials and with feedback from experiences of the application formations. Further improvements are regularly introduced with engineering, design and technological approach either in iterations or with a completely new approach to challenging applications.
For the PDC Bits designing process apart from our proprietary engineering approach that involves advanced heat distribution, bit balancing, force calculations per cutter, wear distribution, simulating direction bit-walk, etc., we conduct Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) are conducted.
- Optimize drill bit nozzle sizes and distribution
- Ensure proper cooling and cleaning of the PDC cutting structure
- Predict and eliminate any erosion potential by mud jets
- Minimize balling potential of the tool
- Calculate pressure drop across the tool
- Ensure smooth streamlined flow through and around the tool
- Predict nozzle jetting effect on the formation to improve ROP
- Predict mechanical stresses under operating loads
- Ensure component safety under given running conditions
- Predict deflections of flexible design parts
- Prevent component failure due to unpredicted stresses.